Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Sunday morning rain is falling.."

Actually the rain is not falling.. that was just the only quote I could think of that dealt with Sunday. This Sunday I'm not attending church (shame, I know) which is weird but tell you the truth it doesn't bother me that much. Is that bad??(probably) This morning I got up and brushed my teeth and started a new book:
A Painted House by John Grisham
I've never read anything by him but I've seen his name hundreds of times. One of my friends mom loves him and she highly recommended him so, I figured what the heck? I've read like the first five chapters and so far I like it.

Speaking of books I just got done reading Water for Elephants! And no the only reason I read the book was not because of Robert Pattenson!.. however its spelled.
Yes the movie looks great (I do love Reese Witherspoon), which is what spiked my interest, and so I thought I should probably read the book first just to get a feel for it. So I went to the library and tracked it down. It took me a few days to get to it, I believe I stared on Wed. and I read like a crazy person. I stared in math class and then came home and read for like two hours. ( it was fabulous!! ) Then all this stuff with my mom stared taking place and I lost reading time but, I got early on Saturday and finished. Then yesterday, which was Saturday, I was at wal- mart and they had the paperback version that advertises the movie on it for $5.99. Well needless to say I picked up without thinking twice. OK. That is a lie. Of course I wanted hard back but I lack the resources at this time for the hard back.
The story itself was great for lack of better word. It was refreshing, if you will. The circus setting is a nice change of pace. Its not everyday that you read about a boy from an ivy league school on the verge of finals hopping on to a train with circus freaks. One thing I particularly enjoyed about the book was the story was not so much about the relationship between Jacob (main character) and Marlena ( love interest) but about the journey of Jacob with Marlena tired in. Yes the romance was obvious but it wasn't overpowering. There was more to it than that. I give it five stars because there was a grand happy ending.. kinda of unexpected. I totally recommend it!

best six dollars ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment