Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"I told you so"... psshh, no you didn't

"The joys of high school.." 
My friend is sitting beside me and she has to do a person statement for a scholarship and that was how she was going to start off the statement. That's such bull crap and we all know it's true. The only joys of high school is graduating... if you even get that far. 

I can't think of anything to say... I always say that.. which then starts the ball rolling on something I  can talk about. 
If you are interested in knowing something has changed in me. I don't think I anymore desire to attend Evangel. Shocking, and I sorta feel ashamed. I don't really know why. I think it may be because I made all that fuss and was worked up about it and got myself really excited and now I don't feel any of those things. I didn't really fall in love with it when I was out there so, I no longer see the point in moving that far away until I am in love with location. Some people may say not to go with that way of thinking but.. I'm not most people am I? On the down side of that I'm contemplating going to community college, something I said I would never, ever do! That part depresses me. I hate going back on my word.  esp to myself. However Sandhills, the community college, has a library science degree program and I could minor in drama or creative writing. So that's a plus because Evangel , I don't think, doesn't have a library science program. and logically thinking (which I also hate doing) I will probably save money and can get a good computer and land a job. Those things are great. Wonderful. Everything my parents said... this is where we have a problem. I rebelled for years saying, "I'm not doing that" even up until like two weeks ago! I would rather lose a limb than give them the chance to say "I told you so." I guess that's karma's way of being a bitch to me.

















No comments:

Post a Comment