Friday, November 9, 2012

Soapboxes and Pulpits

I DIDN'T VOTE!  

I did, however, almost puke at all the political garbage on facebook. I had high hopes that after everything was said and done people would shut up and get off the soap box. But the results only made them superglue their feet to the soapboxes. 

The pride and the push to make this country a better place that swells around election time, deflates shortly after the winner is announced. ( In my opinion shouldn't it have been obvious that he would get re-elected. I have this theory that Americans are collectively afraid of change, that's why nothing "changes.) 

Any way.. enough of that.. 

Speaking of FB, I've seen people posting what their thankful for, I guess to get into the Thanksgiving spirit and remind themselves that life doesn't suck as much as we think it does. Last night when I was laying down to go to sleep I guess I felt God pulling on my heartstrings since I hadn't talked to him in a few days. I started thanking him for the things I have and he reminded me of a lot that I tend to take for granted. I am so thankful for an endless list of people, places, material things, and I owe it all to God. Last night I went to sleep with a smile on my face and it felt good to know that he's there's always taking care of me, despite everything I put im through. 

There are several current situations in my life right now that have shown me just how great is love is. And as humans I don't think we can fully grasp just how wonderful it is. That said, I've also seen that some people don't just don't "get it." 

Anyway.. 
*steps off pulpit*

Have a great Friday!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment